Which log files must be used to analyze telephony errors, e.g. if faulty telephony states are displayed on the XPhone Client?
1. go to SETTINGS -> CTI -> LINES in the XPhone Server.
a) If a line has an acute faulty state, e.g. the extension is displayed as "telephoning" although the line is free: Put a check mark in front of the affected line and select DIAGNOSIS. Now test the line and copy the diagnostic text to an e-mail via the clipboard.
b) If you have a misbehavior with a specific telephony operation, e.g. a conference: Go to SETTINGS -> CTI -> PBX -> FIXED NETWORK in XPhone Server and create a new PBX node called "Diagnosis" with the same "system type" as the existing PBX node, e.g. "Siemens HiPath 3000 (CSTA)". Now go to SETTINGS -> CTI -> LINES and open the affected line and select the new PBX node "Diagnosis" at PBX. If several lines are to be analyzed, proceed in the same way for these. 2.
2. activate logging with log level DEBUG in XPhone Server under SETTINGS -> LOG -> PBX for the relevant PBX node and enter a path on the server, e.g. C:\temp
3. run the error case and do not try to perform any other actions on the line(s) at this time
3. disable logging by setting DEBUG logging to OFF (see 2.)
4. send to firstname.lastname@example.org all generated log files, e.g. from C:\temp, specifying the PBX system used with exact version number and the connection type in the XPhone server and a detailed description of the error case that was traced