The Active Directory (AD) can be connected to the CTI / UM Client as an address book.
In the client click on Tools -> Address Books -> New Address Book. Assign a name of your choice.
Now the following settings are necessary:
1. configuration = Global Catalog
2. server address = IP address of your Global Catalog Server
3. LDAP port = 3268
4. LDAP server version = 2 or 3 (can be queried via the button "Info from server")
5. under Basis DN select your domain e.g.: cn=users, dc=microsoft, dc=com
6. recursive search: activate
7. registration: depending on environment.
8. name/password: User name is created as follows:
cn=Bill Gates, cn=users, dc=microsoft, dc=com
9. save password (optional)